[Paraview] New ParaView

Wylie, Brian bnwylie at sandia.gov
Mon Jun 19 15:37:36 EDT 2006

All,

We want to reassure folks that the Qt license for ParaView III should
not impede users in anyway.

We have worked with Trolltech and they have been great about supporting
the open source ParaView effort.

Trolltech has given us explicit permission to distribution the GPL
version of Qt from the Kitware website. All you have to do is download
Qt and download ParaView and compile.

You can compile, modify, etc... The only thing you cannot do is
development on the Qt QUI Client with the GPL version of Qt (but you CAN
submit patches).

  Brian Wylie - Org 9227
  Sandia National Laboratories
  MS 0822 - Building 880/A1-J