[Paraview] New ParaView

Sean Ziegeler, Contractor seanzig.ctr at navo.hpc.mil
Mon Jun 19 11:53:01 EDT 2006

Well, I'm not involved in any ParaView GUI development, but I do have
experience with both Qt and FLTK.  IMHO, on the technical size, Qt's
feature set and maturity would probably scale well with a project of
ParaView's size.  And normally, I'd be hesitant with a licence like
Qt's, but TrollTech at least has had an amicable history with the KDE
folks for a number of years, as far as I know.

Overall, I think both toolkits are reliable enough to be depended upon.

That said, I personally like FLTK for smaller projects with VTK and/or
OpenGL.  It's lighter implementation makes turn-around time faster for
me.  I've found the stability of the production 1.1.x releases good on
both Windows and Linux.

-Sean