[Paraview] stability of paraview

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 15:54:35 EDT 2006

Hi Folks,

I would like to remind that our Mac support is at alpha stage at best. I
have mentioned many times on this mailing list that a stable Mac build is
not a high priority. We release Mac binaries and try to help with the build
process so that Mac users are not completely left out. However, judging
ParaView's stability based on how it runs on a platform we do not officially
support is not fair.

We will focus on getting ParaView 3.0 work well on the Mac in the next
months. Switching to Qt for our GUI toolkit will make this process easier.
ParaView 3.0 will be at alpha stage hopefully before the end of the year and
will be supported on the Mac. ParaView 2.6 (to be released in the fall) will
still use Tk and will not be officially supported on the Mac.

-Berk