[Paraview] stability of paraview

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Mon Jun 12 22:00:17 EDT 2006

ParaView DOES compile for some 64 bit platforms.  I compile it for SGI
and IA-64 based machines all of the time.  One of the known stable 64
bit platforms is Intel Xeon 64 bit chips.

As stated, unless you are pushing the limits of the tool (thousands of
processors, files over dozens or hundreds of gigabytes in size, not
enough swap space, etc), ParaView is as stable as any of the
alternatives.  And free means that I can install it on my laptop at
home!

Alan

W. Alan Scott
ParaView Support Manager