[Paraview] Getting Started

Kush Tandon kush at coas.oregonstate.edu
Mon Jun 12 20:43:17 EDT 2006

Hi,

My name is Kush Tandon. I just installed Paraview binaries on Mac OS
X (10.4.6) from Paraview webpage. However, I cannot start paraview
and get the following error message:

[/Users/kushtandon/paraview-2.4.3-darwin/bin]: /Users/kushtandon/
paraview-2.4.3-darwin/bin/paraview; exit
dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
   Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/
Versions/A/ImageIO
   Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libJPEG.dylib

Trace/BPT trap
logout
[Process completed]

Our intention is to Paraview for display our finite element work. We
use JPL code, GeoFEST using tetrahedron grids which is outputted in
their format and also netcdf files. We will write translator to make
our files compatible to one of the Paraview formats.

Soon, I do intend to install ParaView on SunOS too and also buy the
user's guide.  We will use for single processor only.

I sincerely hope someone can help us get started. Please feel free to
call me @ (541) 737-9658.

Sincerely,

Kush

Kush Tandon
104 COAS Admin. Bldg., Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331
Phones: (541) 737-9658 (Office); (541) 758-2217 (Home)
Emails: kush at coas.oregonstate.edu
kushtandon at yahoo.com
kushtandon at gmail.com

http://www.coas.oregonstate.edu/index.cfm?