[Paraview] Create a new vtkLineWidget

Diego Mazala diegomazala at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 10:30:37 EDT 2006

Hi

I am trying create a new vtkLineWidget, name vtkHMLineWidget.
My initial idea is create a copy of vtkLineWidget and modify it to provide
others funtionalities.

I have rewrite the xml files and their are ok.
Rewrite too the classes vtkSMHMLineWidget and vtkPVHMLineWidget.
I can visualize the widgets and interact with them.
But, in the interaction, I can only manipulate de widget on the viewer. This
is, I can select and move the widgets, and the new points are writed in left
interface. It is ok.
Nevertheless, when I want change the point by the left interface, occurs a
beep system, a error is returned and none change is achieved.

The error message:

ErrorMessage
# Error or warning: There was a VTK Error in file:
/home/workspace/HeMoLab/utilities/paraview-2.4.2/GUI/Client/vtkPVApplication.cxx
(1732)
 vtkPVApplication (0xb99bfe0): TclTk error: vtk bad argument, type
conversion failed for object vtkTemp1022.
Could not type convert vtkTemp1022 which is of type vtkPVHMLineWidget, to
type vtkKWWidget.
Object named: vtkTemp17, could not find requested method: TriggerCallback
or the method was called with incorrect arguments.
 vtk bad argument, type conversion failed for object vtkTemp1022.
Could not type convert vtkTemp1022 which is of type vtkPVHMLineWidget, to
type vtkKWWidget.
Object named: vtkTemp17, could not find requested method: TriggerCallback
or the method was called with incorrect arguments.

    while executing
"vtkTemp17 TriggerCallback vtkTemp1022"
    (command bound to event)
ErrorMessage end

I can't change none parameter in the left interface. If I only move the
mouse on the left interface, this error is reported.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
--
Diego Mazala