[Paraview] Announcing ParaView III

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Tue Jun 6 14:42:28 EDT 2006

Hi Folks,

Kitware, Sandia National Labs and Elemental Technologies have been working on
ParaView 3.0 for a few months. ParaView 3.0 will have a myriad of new features
including a brand new interface. This interface is based on the Qt library
(http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt) and is designed to be easy to use and
elegant. Paraview 3.0 will also have a greatly expanded emphasis on quantitative
analysis, with lots of plotting, graphing, and linked views. We have our first
development snapshot. A Windows binary can be downloaded at
http://paraview.org/files/v2.9/paraview-2.9.0-win32-x86.exe.

Currently, we are working on a separate CVS repository so the source code for
the Qt interface is not yet available. We will open this CVS repository soon and
we will merge the two repositories sometime in the future, most probably before
the release of ParaView 2.6 in Q4 of 2006.

Please keep in mind that this is not even a beta but more a development
snapshot. We expect the development will take several more months. Comments and
feedback are as usual welcome.

Regards,
ParaView Team