[Paraview] MassProperties and TextureMapToPlane questions

shawn mckenzie shawn.mcknezie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 09:14:10 EDT 2006

I have posted a similar message in the past, and have tried workarounds but
still no solution, i have 2 concerns...

1. I have a vtk filter (vtkMassProperties) that calculates scalar values for
surfaceArea and Volume.
I would like to display these values on Paraview's parameters widget after
running the filter on a data set.

the output is automatically written i believe, when the PrintSelf method is
called within the vtk class.
the filter is available in the menu, and appears to process the data set (as
it requires time to execute) although no scalar output is displayed
i have included my server manager and xml files for reference

2. I am looking to map an image onto a 3D DEM surface using
vtkTextureMapToPlane. My question is, since this filter takes input image
and maps to a plane, should i have to specify my DEM as a new secondary
source input, or could i simply treat it as my projection plane (by
specifying normal and S,T ranges). Currently my filter is not regestering in
the menu. Alternatively, is there a more appropriate vtk class for this job?
I have seen previous posts for this problem without a visible solution

any sugggestions are appreciated
shawn

<ModuleInterfaces>
 <ServerManagerFile name="MassProperties.pvsm"/>
 <Module name="MassProperties"
         root_name="MassProp"
         menu_name="Mass Properties"
         module_type="Filter"
         long_help="MassProperties"
         short_help="MassProperties">
   <Filter class="vtkMassProperties">
     <Input name="Input"
            class="vtkDataSet">
     </Input>
   </Filter>
   <InputMenu trace_name="Input" property="Input"
              id="im"
              label="Input"
              help="Set the triangulated input to analyzie."
              input_name="Input"/>
   <Documentation>
               SurfaceReconstruction
   </Documentation>
 </Module>
</ModuleInterfaces>

<ServerManagerConfiguration>
       <ProxyGroup name="filters">
               <SourceProxy name="MassProperties"
                   class="vtkMassProperties">
                       <InputProperty name="Input" command="SetInput">
                               <ProxyGroupDomain name="groups">
                                       <Group name="sources"/>
                                       <Group name="filters"/>
                               </ProxyGroupDomain>