[Paraview] Paraview on a tiled display

kmorel kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Jul 28 13:03:50 EDT 2006

> But is there any way to account for the Bezel width?  Is there any
> configurable parameter to define a "gap" between tiles?

This request is already captured as bug #1132:
http://www.paraview.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=1132&pos=1

This actually should not be too hard to implement since the underlying
parallel rendering code already supports mullions.  It's just a matter of
adding some new parameters to pvserver and spacing the tiles out
differently.

This bug has been on my to-do list for, gosh, over a year now.  But, since
we rarely use tile displays anymore and the tile displays that we do have
don't have any spaces or overlap, this has been the lowest priority and I
never get to it.

If someone would like to implement this (hint, hint) and make sure
everything (rendering and annotation) is working correctly, I am perfectly
happy to point to the correct sections of code to change.

-Ken