[Paraview] Can a module display a string in its GUI?

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Wed Jul 12 11:18:35 EDT 2006

Can a module display a dynamic string in its GUI? I couldn't find an example of this in the supplied XML.

The XML for my module's GUI uses a StringEntry widget while the XML for the module's SM uses

         <StringVectorProperty
            name="ShowReport"
            command="GetReport"
            number_of_elements="1"
            information_only="1"

            <SimpleStringInformationHelper/>
         </StringVectorProperty>

The interface for the command is

      char *GetReport( void );

where the body is in the cxx file. The initial value is displayed but subsequent changes are not. Prints added to the "RequestData" and "GetReport" routines show that "GetReport" is called only once, not every time the module updates.

My system:

   OS: 2.6.14-1.1656_FC4 i686
   Compiler: 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8)
   ParaView: 2.4.3

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center