[Paraview] ParaView on SGI Prism with ATI FireGL

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Wed Jul 12 08:53:12 EDT 2006

Hi Cristian,

Is it possible you are exporting display to your desktop PC instead of
doing rendering on the prism? You should be running client/server
(pvclient and pvserver) and when doing that, make sure your display for
the server is set to prism's display.

So, make sure you are running pvclient on desktop PC and not on the prism.

       Andy

Christian Wohlschlager wrote:
> ** Reply Requested When Convenient **
>
> Dear ParaViewer !
>
> I compile paraview with mpi on our SGI Prism. There are 8 Graphik pipes
> with ATI FIREGL , and on the other side i have a Desktop PC with a
> Nvidia 6600 ,
> The Application on the PC Does performs good. But on the SGI Prism i
> get very slow or no Result renderingh the same File.
> Maybe ( I hope not)  ATI  FireGL is not working. So i hope i'm doing
> something wrong. I already orderd the paraview users guide, but it takes
> 15 Days for shipping.
>
> ANY Help would be mostly usefull
>

> christian

Andy Cedilnik