[Paraview] Tcl: accessing VTK properties via proxies/server manager

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Jul 11 11:19:46 EDT 2006

You are correct, paraview uses proxies for every VTK object. However
this proxy is not an instance of the vtk object for which it is a proxy.
A proxy is vtkSMProxy (or subclass). A vtkSMProxy provides properties
(vtkSMProperty subclasses) which can be used to call methods on the vtk
object the proxy stands for.

To get started with using the proxy-property interface try this:
* create a visualization in paraview.
* select File | Save Batch Script and save the visualization as a batch
file.
The batch file shows how to create new proxies as well as modify
properties on those proxies.

Utkarsh.