[Paraview] ParaView 2.4 on Mac OS 10.4, PowerPC

Chad Glendenin chad at uchicago.edu
Sat Jul 8 23:38:10 EDT 2006

I took the liberty of adding a note to the Wiki about the LINKER
flags, but I didn't touch the part about the other settings, because
I wasn't sure if the settings that worked for me on 10.4 and on PPC
would apply to Intel or other Mac OS versions. Also, I'm not really
sure what the etiquette is with a Wiki, so I didn't want to change
too much.

Maybe we should document the changes from the CMake defaults that are
necessary for compiling ParaView on each Mac platform. I'd be willing
to add to the Wiki a list of changes necessary on a G4 with 10.4.7,
but I notice that some of the settings that worked for me are
different from the settings that worked for Randy Hudson's Intel
MacBook Pro.

I just did a ccmake in a fresh build directory and diff'ed the
CMakeCache.txt files. Here are the changes I made:

BUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON
CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=-Wl,-search_paths_first
CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=-Wl,-search_paths_first
OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/usr/X11R6/include
VTK_USE_CARBON:BOOL=OFF
VTK_USE_RPATH:BOOL=OFF

VTK_USE_RPATH option does not appear in ccmake until running
'configure' after changing BUILD_SHARED_LIBS to ON.

The following settings were OK by default:

OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework
OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework
X11_X11_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=/usr/include
X11_X11_LIB:FILEPATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.dylib
X11_Xext_LIB:FILEPATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.dylib
VTK_USE_COCOA:BOOL=OFF

ccg

>>> Rick