[Paraview] Re:Re: HW acceleration in client/server mode (Alain SENOT)

shan sgh at sccas.cn
Wed Jul 5 20:55:49 EDT 2006

we just fix this problem by "assign a valid display to all server nodes".
Because mpirun will first execute .bashrc on each node, by adding following lines to .bashrc file in home directory, you are able to set "DISPLAY"variable of each server node to be the local IP:0.0 respectively. and then HW acceleration in client/server mode is ok!

host=`uname -n`
ip=`grep $host /etc/hosts | awk '{ print $1; }'`
export DISPLAY=$ip:0.0

shan