[Paraview] help w/ glXGetProcAddressARB not declared

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Feb 7 11:18:52 EST 2006

> No, everything is fine:-)! - I just did what you said:
> setting VTK_GLX_GET_PROC_ADDRESS_ARB_PROTOTYPE_EXISTS to
> FALSE/0 as a workaround - this works! But your guess that
> another glx.h is hanging around somewhere on the system and
> confuses the configuration/ccmake etc. is wrong - Bye + Thanks, Stefan

I took another look at the CMake files and did find a slight problem.
It turns out that when you change the directory of the OpenGL include
files, the build was not checking again to see if the prototype exists
for include files in the new directory.  Is it possible this is what
happened to you, Stefan?  You can check by deleting
VTK_GLX_GET_PROC_ADDRESS_ARB_PROTOTYPE_EXISTS_TESTED from your
CMakeCache.txt.  If the test gives the correct answer this time, that
was probably the problem.

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories