[Paraview] help w/ glXGetProcAddressARB not declared

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 14:16:24 EST 2006

Could this be related to problems in Mesa?  I see they just released a new
version 6.4.2:

>From the release:

Mesa 6.4.2 has been released. This is primarily a bug-fix release.

    New items:
	- added OSMesaColorClamp() function/feature
	- added wglGetExtensionStringARB() function
    Bug fixes:
	- fixed some problems when building on Windows
	- GLw header files weren't installed by installmesa script (bug 5396)
	- GL/glfbdev.h file was missing from tarballs

On 2/3/06, Stefan Friedel <stefan.friedel at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

> Ken,
> > My guess is that another glx.h somewhere else on your system is being
> > included before or instead of the Mesa version.  You may want to check
> the
> > compiler flags in the make files to see if that is the case.
> I moved away the gl/glx.h from the debian package - but it did not help
> (and
> there is not other gl.h/glx.h on the whole system)
> > For a quick workaround, try this.  Edit your CMakeCache.txt file and
> change
> > the entry for VTK_GLX_GET_PROC_ADDRESS_ARB_PROTOTYPE_EXISTS from TRUE to
> > FALSE.  Make sure you leave
> > VTK_GLX_GET_PROC_ADDRESS_ARB_PROTOTYPE_EXISTS_TESTED to 1.
> ... but the paraview build proceeds after setting
> SET(VTK_GLX_GET_PROC_ADDRESS_ARB_PROTOTYPE_EXISTS 0) in CMakeCache.txt -
>
> Thanks!, Stefan
> --
> Zentrale Dienste - Interdisziplinäres Zentrum für Wissenschaftliches
> Rechnen der Universität Heidelberg - IWR - INF 368, 69120 Heidelberg
> stefan.friedel at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de  Tel +49 6221 54-8240 Fax -5224
> IWR: www.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de          HELICS: www.helics.uni-hd.de

Randall Hand
Visualization Scientist,