[Paraview] RAM friendly file format?

noelieboy at online.ie noelieboy at online.ie
Fri Feb 3 04:30:51 EST 2006

Hi there,
I am currently writing legacy VTK files of a surface made
unstructured_grid using fortran 90, and look at them  in Paraview that
is installed on my desktop PC (2GB RAM). I now want to start viewing
large models and using the current method the files are getting big and
also paraview crashes (i assume due to lack of RAM). Is there any
particular file format (xml/ensight etc) that is designed to use less
system ram when visualising the models, for the same model detail? And
as a second question, which one would be the recommended format for
generation using fortran90 ?