[Paraview] help w/ glXGetProcAddressARB not declared

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Feb 2 11:14:09 EST 2006

Stefan,

My guess is that another glx.h somewhere else on your system is being included before or instead of the Mesa version.  You may want to check the compiler flags in the make files to see if that is the case.

The ParaView/VTK/Rendering/CMakeLists.txt has a check to see if the glXGetProcAddressARB prototype exists in gl.h or glx.h.  The CMake test appears to be using the right include files (and identifying that the prototype exists) whereas the actual compile is using the wrong include files.

For a quick workaround, try this.  Edit your CMakeCache.txt file and change the entry for VTK_GLX_GET_PROC_ADDRESS_ARB_PROTOTYPE_EXISTS from TRUE to FALSE.  Make sure you leave VTK_GLX_GET_PROC_ADDRESS_ARB_PROTOTYPE_EXISTS_TESTED to 1.

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov