[Paraview] How to get a vtkClientServerID of a already created vtkobject in dataserver

vpessoa at lncc.br vpessoa at lncc.br
Thu Aug 17 10:14:49 EDT 2006

Hi all.

I have an unusual problem here...

I've created my custom DICOMImageReader. That reader, invokes by xml a widget
that have the cutters and widgets so I can visualize my vtkImageData.
My C++ Widget and server cutter filter comunicates with each other perfectly.
The problem is at the comunication inside the DataServer. When I click on the
Accept button, my cutter just have no reference of my reader, sou I can run the
cutter->SetInput(reader->GetOutput()).

Well, my question is: How can I get the reference of this reader from inside of
my cutter filter (pointer reference), on my server managers
(vtkClientServerID), or
even on my PV's.

Is there a way of getting at least a list of existing objects at the servers?

Thank you all for your time and colaboration.
[ ]'s
Atencisamente,
Vinicius Pessôa
Laboratório Nacional de Computação Científica
+55 (24) 2233-6098
+55 (24) 8803-7061