[Paraview] Getting started

Chyczewski, Thomas Thomas.Chyczewski at ngc.com
Tue Aug 15 14:43:10 EDT 2006

I would like to give Paraview a try but am having trouble building an
executable. Is there an archive somewhere that contains more information
than that given in Install link of paraview.org?

In case someone on this list can help, here is my problem:

I have an SGI running IRIX 6.5. I downloaded ccmake 2.4.3 and paraview
2.4.4. I installed cmake, untarred paraview, created the directory
./paraview-2.4.4-irix, created the environmental variables pointing to
my c and c++ compilers and executed "ccmake ../paraview-2.4.4" in that
directory. After a little while, I get the error message stating that it
cannot find
paraview-2.4.4/GUI/Widgets/Examples/Cxx/SimpleWindowWithImageWidget/vtkK
WSimpleWindowWithImageWidgetExample.h plus 4 other files similar files.
As I doubt that I have uncovered an ommision in the distribution file, I
believe I am missing something. Can anyone help me out?

I also tried to build paraview 2.2.1. In this case, I was able to get
through ccmake, but the compilation failed because in
vtkThreadedController.h,  "pid_t" is undefined. Any suggestions?

Tom