[Paraview] Tiled display with paraview 2.2.1

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Mon Sep 12 13:36:14 EDT 2005

Qinghuai,

If you are running ParaView with a separate data server and a render
server, then you need to specify the machines to be used in the
render server.  For recent versions of ParaView (2.0.2 and later),
this specification goes in a .pvx file.  An explanation of the format
can be found here:
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:FAQ#How_do_I_specify_the_list_of_machines_in_the_render_server_in_ParaView_2.2_and_later.3F.

To tell the client where the servers are, use the --data-server-host
(-dsh)and --render-server-host (-rsh) command-line arguments.  The
values for these command-line arguments are the names of the first
node of the data and render servers, respectively.  You also need to
use the --client-render-server (-crs) command-line argument for the
client.  (See below.)

./pvclient -crs -dsh=data0 -rsh=render0

- Amy