[Paraview] Off topic grammatical diversion completely unrelated to paraview

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Sep 7 09:20:39 EDT 2005

> A bloke is painting a new sign for the pub, and the pub is
> called "The Dog and Donkey" (Or some other wildly unlikely
> combination like "Frog and Ferret", "Badger and Banana", etc
> etc). A chap who is wandering passed says... "Hmmm, that sign
> doesn't look right, you've made the gaps between Dog and and,
> and, and and Donkey different sizes"

Since we are talking about grammar anyway, technically, those commas in
the middle of the ands shouldn't be there (which, ironically, makes the
sentence even more confusing and entertaining): "gaps between Dog and
and and and and Donkey."  You could, however, clear up the sentence by
quoting the ands that are taken from the sign: "gaps between 'Dog' and
'and' and 'and' and 'Donkey.'"

-Ken