[Paraview] COLOR_SCALAR

Barosan, I. i.barosan at TUE.nl
Tue Oct 4 06:05:05 EDT 2005

I would like to use unsigned char values which are directly mapped to
colors. I've created this vtk file that contains 25 points and each
point has his own color specified with COLOR_SCALARS. If I read this
file in ParaView2.2  the colors assigned to the points are wrong. The
results look good when I use another vtk package (MayaVi). Is that a bug
in ParaView or I am doing something wrong ? Any help will be
appreciated,

Regards,

  Ion Barosan

// VTK file

# vtk DataFile Version 2.0

roostershading

ASCII

DATASET POLYDATA

POINTS 25 float

0.0 0.0 0.0

0.0 1.0 0.0

0.0 2.0 0.0

0.0 3.0 0.0

0.0 4.0 0.0

1.0 0.0 0.0

1.0 1.0 0.0

1.0 2.0 0.0

1.0 3.0 0.0

1.0 4.0 0.0

2.0 0.0 0.0

2.0 1.0 0.0

2.0 2.0 0.0

2.0 3.0 0.0

2.0 4.0 0.0

3.0 0.0 0.0

3.0 1.0 0.0

3.0 2.0 0.0

3.0 3.0 0.0

3.0 4.0 0.0

4.0 0.0 0.0

4.0 1.0 0.0

4.0 2.0 0.0

4.0 3.0 0.0

4.0 4.0 0.0

POLYGONS 16 80

4 0 5 6 1

4 1 6 7 2

4 2 7 8 3

4 3 8 9 4

4 5 10 11 6

4 6 11 12 7

4 7 12 13 8

4 8 13 14 9

4 10 15 16 11

4 11 16 17 12

4 12 17 18 13

4 13 18 19 14

4 15 20 21 16

4 16 21 22 17

4 17 22 23 18

4 18 23 24 19

POINT_DATA 25

COLOR_SCALARS colors 4

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

1.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

*> dr. ir. Ion Barosan,  i.barosan at tue.nl                     <*

*>       Eindhoven University of Technology, HG-6.87          <*

*>     P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven,The Netherlands        <*

*>  Phone: +31 (0)40 247(2920/8388), Fax-1:+31 40 2468508     <*

"Fluids are a lot easier to drink that they are to understand".

                                                    Alan Newell