[Paraview] Ensight reader : Multiple Parts seem to be treated as a whole, therefore losing the possibility to manipulate them independantly

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Thu May 26 11:21:23 EDT 2005

At 11:02 AM 5/26/2005, Benjamin REVEILLE wrote:
>   Hello
>
>When loading an Ensight gold case containing multiple unstructured parts,
>here are the problems I have.
>
>1) Since I have multiple parts, I would like to view them independently or
>color them independently (As ensight can do it.). However in paraview,
>they are all treated as a global entity. Am I doing something wrong or is
>this normal (yet non convenient [since we lose the parts]) behavior ???

Use the "Extract Parts" filter (in the Filter menu) to separate out the
various parts of your multi-part data set.

>2) To view droplets, I use point elements. However they only display as
>squares... I would like spheres (better image for a droplet...) is this
>possible ???
>    Since my droplets are only points why should it be necessary to use a
> "point" section (i.e. nodes should be enough for viewing points
> ["coordinates" section in ensight], we are writing the information in the
> file twice... By the way ensight80 does not require the "point" section)

To see your points as spheres, you can apply a glyph filter to your data
set and set the Glyph to Sphere0 (from the menu below the Accept button on
the Parameters page for the Glyph filter).

- Amy