[Paraview] Ensight reader : Multiple Parts seem to be treated as a whole, therefore losing the possibility to manipulate them independantly

Benjamin REVEILLE benjamin.reveille at ifp.fr
Thu May 26 11:02:51 EDT 2005

   Hello

When loading an Ensight gold case containing multiple unstructured
parts, here are the problems I have.

1) Since I have multiple parts, I would like to view them independently
or color them independently (As ensight can do it.). However in
paraview, they are all treated as a global entity. Am I doing something
wrong or is this normal (yet non convenient [since we lose the parts])
behavior ???

2) To view droplets, I use point elements. However they only display as
squares... I would like spheres (better image for a droplet...) is this
possible ???
    Since my droplets are only points why should it be necessary to use
a "point" section (i.e. nodes should be enough for viewing points
["coordinates" section in ensight], we are writing the information in
the file twice... By the way ensight80 does not require the "point" section)

Thanks for you replies.

Benjamin

 Benjamin Réveillé

 Institut Français du Pétrole       Tel  : +33 1 47 52 62 68
 Section R1022R  /  Bureau L207     Fax  : +33 1 47 52 70 68
 1 & 4, avenue de Bois-Preau
 92852 RUEIL-MALMAISON  FRANCE      http://www.ifp.fr

 mail : benjamin.reveille at ifp.fr

Ce message (et toutes ses pièces jointes éventuelles) est confidentiel et établi à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation de ce message non conforme à sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf autorisation expresse. L'IFP décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce message.

This message and any attachments (the message) are confidential and intended solely for the addressees. Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. IFP should not be liable for this message.

Visitez notre site Web / Visit our web site : http://www.ifp.fr