[Paraview] Tiling configuration?

Phillip Ezolt (exchange) Phillip.Ezolt at hp.com
Tue May 24 14:38:07 EDT 2005

Amy & Berk,

> The first machine in the list you pass to MPI is used as the upper
> left  tile.  Subsequent machines fill in a single row, and then the
> rows are
> filled from top to bottom.  For your 2 x 2 tiled display to give the
> appropriate results, the machines should be controlling the tiles as shown
> below:

This mapping can not be changed within a configuration file?

Something like (which would reverse the order of the tiles):

mpi_node_id     tile_id
-----------------------
0                  3
1                  2
2                  1
3                  0

It looks like if I can whip my MPI job launch into shape, I can work
around this. (I am by no means an MPI expect, and I am looking into how
to solve this.)  I haven't yet figured out how to use mpirun to specify
the exact order of nodes...  When I reverse list,
(tigger6,tigger5,tigger4,tigger3) the MPI ranks are the same as when I
launch it with (tigger3,tigger4,tigger5,tigger6).

In any event, I was hoping that we could use paraview to set the tile
layout.  However, it looks like I have to make mpirun put the correct
MPI ranks on the proper display tiles.   I'll attack that.

Thanks for the help,
--Phil