[Paraview] request general advice for building paraview on x86-64 Opteron

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at gmail.com
Tue May 17 13:22:44 EDT 2005

I recently build paraview on Intel EMT. I encountered one compile
error (linker actually) while linking to MPICH I compiled myself. I
was linking against a static mpich library and the linker complained I
had to recompile mpich with fpic. When I linked against a shared
mpich, everything worked fine. I should note that I was building
paraview shared too. I did not try static.

-Berk