RES: [Paraview] Ensight Reader for Paraview

Dr. David F. Robinson drobinson at corvidtec.com
Sat May 14 17:32:23 EDT 2005

Thanks for checking into this... I ran similar checks and had the same
results...

I didn't export the files into ASCII format from Ensight (I was unaware of
this feature), but I did start this process by writing out Ensight Gold
ASCII files and they seemed to work fine.

By the way, I saw your old posting.  I was opening my files using
   open(filenum,file='ens.geo',form='unformatted',status='unknown')
After seeing your post I change the 'unformatted' to 'binary' but it still
didn't work in Paraview.  Same results for ens_checker and Ensight8 were
obtained using the 'binary' form...

Should I submit this to the developers as a bug report, or do the
developers catch these via reading the mailing list?  If I need to submit
a bug report, do you know where I should send the information?

Thanks for looking into this and providing feedback.

David

David F. Robinson, Ph.D.
Corvid Technologies

149 Plantation Ridge Rd.