[Paraview] Probe : temporal curve

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Jul 27 15:09:22 EDT 2005

Hello,

>Now just a suggestion for your sagacity : Is it possible to separate
>temporal curve and animation ? (for the computation time)
>   for exemple : I try to make a temporal curve under 65 vtk files, I was
>waiting for more than 5 minutes.

Possibly.
The animation is tied in to call
Servers/Filters/vtkTemporalProbeFilter::AnimateInit at the beginning,
and vtkTemporalProbeFilter::AnimateTick after each timestep updates the
pipeline. If these can be called by something other than the animation
system, then plotting can be separated from animation.

>And for information : How the time (X) of the temporal curve are computed ?
>first =0, second=1,... ?

Right now X simply indicates the number of temporal samples taken. When
they are taken is a function of the animation setup (keyframes inserted,
number of timesteps in input files etc). I'm looking into making the X
axis more meaningful presently.

enjoy,
Dave DeMarle