[Paraview] Pointing paraview to read part of DATASET from separate files

Mattijs Janssens m.janssens at opencfd.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 06:56:30 EDT 2005

I don't think there currently is a way for legacy vtk format to have
separate parts. You could define your own format and create your own
reader (don't know how hard that is though) or maybe there is a built-in
format that can do this (Ensight?)

As a quick fix you could write binary legacy vtk files. Are a lot
smaller and read much faster.

Best regards,

Mattijs

Mattijs Janssens