[Paraview] Defunct classes

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Mon Jul 18 10:05:28 EDT 2005

Hello Randy,

I'll answer most of your questions here, Berk will adress the rest.
Yes, for the most part, classes have been renamed as an undergoing
effort to clean the KW subdir...

At 7/14/2005 12:12 PM, Randy Hudson wrote:

>My custom paraview GUI last worked w/ paraview 2.0.0.
>
>/home/hudson/Software/ParaView_CVS_07112005/src_flashgui/GUI/Client/vtkPVFlashCutWidget.cxx:31:35:
>vtkKWCornerAnnotation.h: No such file or directory

vtkKWCornerAnnotation is now vtkKWCornerAnnotationEditor (to
emphasize that it's a GUI for the VTK object vtkCornerAnnotation, not
a specific subclass of vtkCornerAnnotation that was stuck in the KW project)

>/home/hudson/Software/ParaView_CVS_07112005/src_flashgui/GUI/Client/vtkPVFlashCutWidget.cxx:82:31:
>vtkKWTextProperty.h: No such file or directory

Same rational here, vtkKWTextProperty is now vtkKWTextPropertyEditor,
to clarify what it does (as opposed to a subclass of vtkTextProperty).

>/home/hudson/Software/ParaView_CVS_07112005/src_flashgui/GUI/Client/vtkPVFlashCutWidget.cxx:34:31:
>vtkKWLabeledFrame.h: No such file or directory

vtkKWLabeledFrame is now vtkKWFrameWithLabel, this was done recently
to try to reach a uniform naming convention for the KW package (i.e.
vtkKWFooWithBar, as in vtkKWCheckbuttonWithLabel, or vtkKWFrameWithScrollbars)

>/home/hudson/Software/ParaView_CVS_07112005/src_flashgui/GUI/Client/vtkPVFlashCutWidget.cxx:43:35:
>vtkKWWindowCollection.h: No such file or directory

This is gone, we got rid of all old containers in the KW subdir, in
favor of the STL (which is something we are trying to do when
possible). You can check how it is done in vtkKWApplication (search
for WindowsContainer).

>/home/hudson/Software/ParaView_CVS_07112005/src_flashgui/GUI/Client/vtkPVFlashCutWidget.cxx:73:23:
>vtkString.h: No such file or directory

vtkString does not exist anymore, many classes in vtkKWCommon have
been removed to cut dependencies. I moved most (if not all) vtkString
methods to the KWSys project, in the SystemTools utility class, which
is now included in VTK (and was included in PV before). If you need a
string in PV, use vtksys_stl::string. Then check
VTK-cvs\Utilities\kwsys\SystemTools.hxx.in

Hope this helps

--
Sebastien Barre