[Paraview] Problem after loading a *.vtu file

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Tue Jul 12 09:03:55 EDT 2005

Hi Manuel,

You are the only one who is going to be able to debug your data
file.  From looking at your file, it looks like you have a
tetrahedral mesh.  Is this supposed to be the case?  I did load your
data file into ParaView, and it looks like the problem is with your
connectivity array; this array is an index into the data array for
the point coordinates.  The indices for the points in each
tetrahedron are listed one after the other, one tetrahedron at a
time.  Do you have your data in another format where you can look at
how the points are supposed to be connected?  If you have not already
done so, take a look at http://www.vtk.org/pdf/file-formats.pdf; it
explains the file formats in VTK (which ParaView uses).

- Amy