[Paraview] Berk, help me plz

Wylie, Brian bnwylie at sandia.gov
Sun Jul 10 18:22:03 EDT 2005

Well I'm not Berk but I may be able to help. :)

1) The servers (renderservers) can either send images or geometry to the
client. If you look under 'View... 3D View Properties' you will see a
slider for Composite. If you move slider to zero megabytes you will
either get images streaming down from the servers or you will get a
crash.

If you get a crash it means that you servers are not set up so that they
can open up X windows. Note that this is a fairly common problem and you
have to have your cluster admin (or yourself) change the X server
security setting to allow you to do this.

2) On the servers. The whole point is not to move the data, so wouldn't
be useful anywhere else. :)

3) Same answers for 1 and 2 but should be much faster when using
compositing on big data. :)

Brian Wylie - Org 9227
Sandia National Laboratories
MS 0822 - Building 880/A1-J