[Paraview] calling interactive render

Joel Howard Willis Weinberger jweinber at cs.brown.edu
Wed Jul 6 11:40:13 EDT 2005

I'm trying to write a new render module. I am effectively modifying
vtkPVCaveRenderModule.* to add in head tracking capabilities. Our head
tracker works on a polling system so that a handler method gets called on
a regular basis. Everytime this happens I want it to call
InteractiveRender() on the module to update the camera position.
In doing this, I lock the render method using a pthread mutex and exit
the render call if I am already in the process of calling
InteractiveRender(). However, when I compile and run Paraview, I get a
series of bizare errors that occur at seemingly random times (they always
occur early on but after different numbers of callbacks each time it's
run). Any idea what these are about (the errors are below)?
--Joel, Brown University

X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
denied)
   Major opcode of failed request:  145 (GLX)
   Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
   Serial number of failed request:  6456

ERROR: In
/users/asf/paraview-1.8/paraview-1.8.5/VTK/Parallel/vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx,
line 572
vtkSocketCommunicator (0x9cae300): Could not receive tag. 315167

Process id: 0 >> ERROR: In
/users/asf/paraview-1.8/paraview-1.8.5/VTK/Parallel/vtkMultiProcessController.cxx,
line 354
vtkSocketController (0x9cae3d0): Could not receive RMI trigger message.

Exit Data Server.