[Paraview] Reloading changed data

Bernhard Gschaider Bernhard.Gschaider at unileoben.ac.at
Wed Jan 19 13:00:16 EST 2005

I'm using ParaView (v 1.8) to visualize data from a simulation program
I am currently developing.

My problem is the following: during development I usually do
simulations on rather small data sets, but I do them often (every time
I change something in the program).

Usually ParaView is running. After each run the data on the disk has
changed, but ParaView doesn't know this (which is perfectly
understandable).

My question: is there a way to tell ParaView to reread the data from
the disk? I tried the "Reset" Button of the data importer, but this
doesn't change anything.

The only workaround I found was to have two "timesteps" in the
DataImporter and switch between them with the slider.

The other possibility would be to delete the Importer and create a new
one, which is even less satisfying.

Is there a way to reload the data in current versions? If no: would it
be possible to add such a capability to the GUI?