[Paraview] paraview and mpi

Mattijs Janssens m.janssens at opencfd.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 12:11:09 EST 2005

 From what I remember mpirun passes all info to other nodes via
commandline arguments. It will add arguments like -p4pg (which gives the
exact path of the executable per processor) when starting the other
nodes which they then filter out. Add a few echo statements to mpirun (I
think there is even a command line option to print some more info)

Could it be that Paraview expects LAM (which adds different commandline
args)?

By the way we found LAM to be more reliable than mpich (we stopped using
it at mpich1.2.4 so maybe it has improved)

Mattijs