[Paraview] Extending ParaView

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 16:20:45 EST 2005

> 1) The Wiki's xml for the GUI includes the line
>
>    <ServerManagerFile name="vtkCellDerivatives.pvsm" />
>
> This didn't work for me until I added the attribute "directory". Changing
> "name" to be the full path didn't work. Should "directory" always be
> added?

I think as long as the .xml and the .pvsm files are in the same directory,
it should work fine with the directory attribute.

2) "The ParaView Guide" (2004), p.193, says "Proxy groups ... are only used
> for organizational purposes; it is perfectly valid to store all proxy
> descriptions in one group." I arbitrarily used group "filters" in the xml
> for the server manager and ParaView could not find my reader - it had to
> be
> changed to "sources". Is that line in the book wrong?

It is not wrong. The part describes the server manager in general. As far as
the server manager is concerned, proxies can be stored in any group.
However, ParaView does assume that all sources will be in sources, filters
in filters, readers in readers etc.