[Paraview] AMR reader

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Wed Aug 24 05:23:09 EDT 2005

Randy Hudson wrote:
>  I measured the time spent in the five code blocks indicated, and by far the most time is spent in BLOCK FIVE, ds->GenerateVisibilityArrays().

I have measured that too on a single dataset example. It is a 250 Mb
dataset, 2D, 5 levels, 171 grids, 5 scalars and 1 vector field. It is
stored in a single HFD5 file.

I stuff all levels with node-based data.

Reading 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, then 6 variables gives me a data stuffing time
linearly increasing from 0.35 seconds to 1.2 seconds for all 6 variables

Generating visibility arrays is of constant time (independent of the
number of variables read) and is 4.2 seconds.

so I can only confirm what you see. Don't know that we can speed that up
though.

Jean

--
Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre @ cscs.ch