[Paraview] Stereo view in ParaView (ice-T)

yev at yev.dk yev at yev.dk
Fri Aug 12 05:04:47 EDT 2005

Hi

I have a problem enabling stereo in paraview. My setup is parallel with
four server machines and one client machine. The result I want is a
splitted screen with stereo (ICE-T), but I can't figure out how to get the
stereo-view.

I'm running windows and use MPICH for the communication. I have the
following three files

"pvcall.bat"  (starts up the four servers and the client when ready)
-------------
start mpirun -localroot pvserv.txt
pause
start mpirun -localroot pvcli.txt

"pvserv.txt"    (Runs pvserver.exe on the four servers, setting the
client-host and the portnumber. VR01-VR04 are the names of the machines,
Vr00 is the client)
-------------
hosts
vr01 \\Vr00\vr00-c\maskinakustik\paraviewMPI\bin\release\pvserver.exe
-ch=vr00 -sp=38138
vr03 \\Vr00\vr00-c\maskinakustik\paraviewMPI\bin\release\pvserver.exe
-ch=vr00 -sp=38138
vr02 \\Vr00\vr00-c\maskinakustik\paraviewMPI\bin\release\pvserver.exe
-ch=vr00 -sp=38138
vr04 \\Vr00\vr00-c\maskinakustik\paraviewMPI\bin\release\pvserver.exe
-ch=vr00 -sp=38138

"pvcli.txt"
hosts
vr00 1 \\Vr00\vr00-c\maskinakustik\paraviewMPI\bin\release\pvclient.exe
-sh=vr01 -sp=38138 --render-module=IceTRenderModule -tdx=2 -tdy=1

Notice that the server host is only set to vr01, as the machinefile has
been made depreciated, I don't know how to deal with this.
Does anyone know how to achieve the stereo view?

I really appreciate all the hints you can give me.

Thanks!!!

\Jesper Pedersen