[Paraview] ParaView 1.4.3 in render-server mode

Joseph Insley insley at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 2 17:38:57 EDT 2004

Berk and Amy,

Thanks for your help, things seem to be running just fine now.  Although,
I would like make sure I understand how things work in this mode.  If I
understand correctly, when you run with just a client and a server, the
server computes the geometry and ships it to the client, who does all of
the rendering.  With the client, server, render-server model the server
computes the geometry and ships to the render-server, who does the
rendering, then ships pixels to the client for display.  Is that about
right?

Thanks again for your help,
joe.

joseph a. insley				insley at mcs.anl.gov
mathematics & computer science division		(630) 252-5649
argonne national laboratory                     (630) 252-5986 (fax)
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~insley