[Paraview] Parallel ParaView- file formats and Chromium

Wylie, Brian bnwylie at sandia.gov
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:55:13 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Welling [mailto:welling at stat.cmu.edu]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 1:20 PM
To: paraview at paraview.org
Subject: [Paraview] Parallel ParaView- file formats and Chromium

3) The default configuration seems to be for each worker to use Mesa to do
its
own rendering (presumably off-screen), and then to read back the image.  The

images are then composited by ParaView itself.  We'd like to use Chromium,
and
to let Chromium do the compositing.  I *guess* all that's really needed is
keep ParaView from trying to do the compositing.  How does one set this up?

Why would you want to use Chromium for compositing? ParaView has two very
good compositing methods. In fact if you compile with IceT and start up the
client with --render-module=DeskTopRenderModule you will get the fastest
software compositor in the world. :)  (I'm sure the flames will be extra hot
on that statement....but it's Friday and I'm feeling cheeky)

	Brian Wylie
	Sandia National Laboratories
	MS 0822 - Org 9227 - Building 880/A1-J
     (505) 844-2238   FAX (505) 845-0833