[Paraview] Merging vtkXMLStructuredGrid Files for viewing in Paraview

Berk Geveci berklist at nycap.rr.com
Mon, 08 Mar 2004 13:10:18 -0500

You have to create a simple meta-file that points to the other files.
The meta-file (.pvd extension, for ParaView data) is also in xml format
and should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<VTKFile type="Collection" version="0.1" byte_order="LittleEndian"
         compressor="vtkZLibDataCompressor">
  <Collection>
    <DataSet part="0" file="multiblock/multiblock_0.vts"/>
    <DataSet part="1" file="multiblock/multiblock_1.vts"/>
    <DataSet part="2" file="multiblock/multiblock_2.vts"/>
    <DataSet part="3" file="multiblock/multiblock_3.vts"/>
    <DataSet part="4" file="multiblock/multiblock_4.vts"/>
  </Collection>
</VTKFile>

If you then open the pvd file, ParaView should load all the parts.

-Berk