[Paraview] Merging vtkXMLStructuredGrid Files for viewing in Paraview

Steve Hudson s_hudson13 at hotmail.com
Mon, 08 Mar 2004 17:52:05 +0000

I am using a parallel application where  different files are output for each
processor (representing different regions of the problem). I have made it
write them in vtkXMLStructuredGrid format. I would like to use Paraview
(v1.2.1) to view the whole problem, but am only able to view one file at a
time. What do I need to do to merge the files.

If I have the multiple files in one directory, and load in the first, it
gives me a time line, which can be used to view the other files, but not all
at once.

I have also tried creating a PStructuredGrid file and loading it in, but it
only seems to give me the first file. Should this do it? Do I need to try
this again?

I have found the documentation on this a little unclear.

Thanks

Steve