[Paraview] Problems with external modules

David Thompson dcthomp at sandia.gov
Wed, 03 Mar 2004 10:57:51 -0800

Hi,

	I've checked in some changes to ParaViewConfig.cmake that let me build
a paraview module external to paraview, but there is still a problem. Is
there any way to force a TCL wrapper library to be loaded from within an
XML Module description? Here's why I ask:

	I've created a widget which inherits from vtkPVWidget and has some
callbacks. Unfortunately, the callbacks don't work; they generate an
error message:

	Object named: vtkTemp1130, could not find requested
	method: BlahCallback or the method was called with
	incorrect arguments.

This is because the Tcl wrapper for the widget class hasn't been loaded.
It's in a different library from the client server wrappers. If I open
the ParaView command window and run

	package require vtkblah

(which loads libvtkBlahTCL.so), then everything works. So, is there any
way to force a load of libvtkBlahTCL from within an XML module
description?

		Thanks,
		David