[Paraview] Build problem on Compaq Alpha OSF1: ProcessXML fails

Joel Welling welling at stat.cmu.edu
Tue Jul 27 19:02:13 EDT 2004

Hey folks;
  We've been working through a series of problems building ParaView 1.4.3 on
our Compaq AlphaServer under OSF1 (aka Tru64 Unix).  The current issue is that
ProcessXML appears to be quitting about half way through the production of
Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMGeneratedModules.h .  The last few lines of the
generated file are:

// Get single string
char* vtkSMDefaultModulesfiltersGetInterfaces()
{
  int len = ( 0
    + strlen(vtkSMDefaultModulesfilters0)
    + strlen(vtkSMDefaultModulesfilters1)
    + strlen(vtkSMDefaultModulesfilters2)

(at which point the file ends without a terminating newline).
Servers/ServerManager/Resources/filters.xml is at least superficially
well-formed.  Is there any known problem with this?  Are there any hidden
debugging options on ProcessXML?

Thanks,
-Joel