[Paraview] Build Problem on Mac OSX

david e ignacio davidi at cs.uchicago.edu
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:36:09 -0600 (CST)

When building ParaView on Mac OSx, I get the recurring error:

Building object file vtkExtractCells.o...
/Developer/ParaViewComplete/ParaView/Filters/vtkExtractCells.cxx: In
member
   function `void vtkExtractCells::CopyCellsUnstructuredGrid(vtkIdList*)':
/Developer/ParaViewComplete/ParaView/Filters/vtkExtractCells.cxx:471:
error: no
   matching function for call to `vtkUnstructuredGrid::SetCells(
   vtkUnsignedCharArray*&, vtkIdTypeArray*&, vtkCellArray*&)'
/usr/local/include/vtk/vtkUnstructuredGrid.h:95: error: candidates are:
void
   vtkUnstructuredGrid::SetCells(int, vtkCellArray*)
/usr/local/include/vtk/vtkUnstructuredGrid.h:96: error:
void
   vtkUnstructuredGrid::SetCells(int*, vtkCellArray*)
/usr/local/include/vtk/vtkUnstructuredGrid.h:98: error:
void
   vtkUnstructuredGrid::SetCells(vtkUnsignedCharArray*, vtkIntArray*,
   vtkCellArray*)

This makes it seem like there is a problem in the actual source.  Those
stray &'s in the code.  To make sure this wasn't a fluke, I have tested
this using the ParaView CVS, ParaViewComplete CVS, and
paraview-1.0.4.tar.gz

All of them give me the same error.

For background on my setup,
I am running Mac OS 10.2.7, have fink installed, and using that, installed
python2.3, tcltk, and hdf5 using fink.  I installed VTK using the nightly
sources using the Hybrid/X11 rendering along with python and tcl wrapping.

I can include the CMakeCache.txt files if needed.

Thanks
Dave