[Paraview] Time series problem

Robert Ferrell ferrell at lanl.gov
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:16:31 -0700 (MST)

I'm having trouble reading in a series of files.  This is with the latest
Paraview, version 1.2, release 1.  I'm using legacy VTK format, not sure
if that matters.

I set up a sequence of files: File0.vtk, File1.vtk, File2.vtk... FileN.vtk

If N <= 99, everything works fine.  When I open File0.vtk I get a slider
which allows me to easily open any other file in the series.  I can also
easily set up an animation to loop over all files in the series.

If N>=100, Paraview does not detect the series when I open File0.vtk.  To
open the other files I have to open them individually.  I do not get the
slider to let me easily open any file in the series, and I cannot get the
animator to loop over the whole series.

I did not have any of these problems with my previous version (1.0 release
4?).

Thanks,
-robert