[Paraview] integration of a variable

Charles Law charles.law at kitware.com
Fri Dec 17 12:27:19 EST 2004

At 03:50 PM 12/17/2004 +0100, Berend van Wachem wrote:
>Dear Charles,
>
>Thanks for this! This does exactly what I want. It can integrate any point
>variable over a cut; by using the array calculator you can easly get total
>mass flow - or any other property I presume.
>
>How is the filter called and used to compute cell face velocity? Does that
>create another array?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Berend.

Integrate Attributes:
Only integrates over 2D surfaces for now.
Creates one point and one vertex.
Point and cell data for this point and cell contain the integrated values.
A new "area" cell array is created.
All of the integrated attribute values are displayed in the GUI.

Surface Vectors
Will either project vectors onto the surface, or give the component of the
vector perpendicular to the surface.
The new output vector point attribute has the same name as the input vector
attribute.  A glyph filter is still needed to show the vectors.

Surface flow.
Outputs a point and vertex.  It integrates the dot product of a vector
field with the surface normal.  It puts the result in a attribute called
surface flow.
The value is also displayed in the GUI.

All three filters have toolbar buttons which are initially hidden.  In
version 1.9 the user can customize which buttons are visible in the toolbar.

Charles.