[Paraview] iso lines or surfaces

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs . ch
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:21:33 +0200

jouke hylkema wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been testing paraview for some time now and I think it has great
> potential. However, what I'm really missing is the possibility to define
> more then one contour value in the contour filter. I think it would be
> very useful to define the number of iso values in a/the scalar range and
> have paraview distributing them in a uniform (or other) manner. Defining
> iso values by hand is OK if you want 2 or 3 but get really annoying if you
> want 50.

I can offer partial help, but the solution is not 100% satisfying.

1) Create a contour filter. You must execute it at least once via the
"Accept" button.
if it is your first filter, it's called "Contour0" (and so on)
2) Open the command prompt.

Then you may type:

Contour0 GenerateValues 50 -1 +1  (will generate 50 values between -1
and +1)
Contour0 Modified            (will cause an update of the GUI with all
values set)

And that is where I am missing something to be completely satisfied:

The only way I know to force an update, is to delete one value (using
the "Delete" button), and then "Accept" will trigger the update. I do
not know how to force the update without this trick.

Let's see what the more experienced people can suggest...

--
Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre at cscs . ch
http://www . cscs . ch/people/Favre . html