[Paraview] multiple scalars

Berk Geveci berk . geveci at kitware . com
24 Jun 2003 17:29:10 -0400

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 17:05, Dave Semeraro wrote:

> Yep I have two scalar fields with two SCALARS keywords in the file. I can,
> with vtk, do
> a SetScalars( scalarname) method call on the reader and read whatever
> scalar field that
> name corresponds to. I guess the correct way to make paraview understand
> that there are
> multiple scalar fields is to encode them in the input file as fielddata. Is
> that correct?

Correct. Actually, ParaView does not care whether an array is
marked as an attribute (scalars, vectors etc.) or not. Any point
array with 1 component can be used to isosurface, for example.
The problem with having two SCALARS field is that the reader can
read only one at a time (the one which is marked with SetScalars).

-Berk